Develop General Management Skills to Broaden Your Strategic Business Understanding
Working professionals today are expected to deliver quick returns to their organization by successfully managing the internal departments and various business processes. For this reason, organizations look out for professionals who are outstanding leaders with an in-depth understanding of every part of the business. Thus, it becomes imperative for working professionals to expand their horizon in order to identify the evolving opportunities, traverse the economic environment and meet the greater managerial responsibilities.
Whether you are a leader or just willing to enhance your general management skills, this course by IIM Kozhikode becomes a mandate element of your CV to accelerate your business journey along with personal growth. To let you contribute beyond your field of functional expertise, this course adds leverage to your leadership and communication skills, learning of aspects like legal environment, ethics, responsible business and globally important emerging business trends and themes.
Get Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
On successful completion, you will receive certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode
Study about emerging trends - Industry 4.0 & Digitization
Explore recent themes & trends like Impact of Digitization, Developments and Strategizing, etc.
2 day on-campus immersion module
Opportunity to experience the typical high-intensity classroom and to soak-in the unique campus environment of IIM Kozhikode
Avail a dedicated module on Leadership
Exposure to issues related to responsible leadership that is an increasingly relevant and critical business imperative
Learn from the expert faculty of IIM Kozhikode
Lectures imparted by eminent & top faculty from IIM Kozhikode
Convenient learning for working professionals
Customized course for working professionals with aids like weekend classes, learn from anywhere and live classroom feel.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory
- Minimum of at least 4 years of work experience
Prof. Venkataraman S
Prof. Venkataraman is a Fellow (and MBA) of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, and has been a Visiting Doctoral Scholar at S. C. Johnson School of Business, Cornell University, USA. Prior to joining academics, he has worked in the industry for around 20 years serving in various leadership positions. His specializations include corporate sustainability, international business, and entrepreneurship. He was formerly a Senior Director at CRISIL Ltd, the largest rating agency in India and a subsidiary of the globally recognized rating agency Standard & Poor’s. Over a span of 20 years, Venkat led various businesses within CRISIL and garnered extensive experience in credit ratings, advisory services, equity grading’s, risk management, credit risk models, business restructuring, valuation, infrastructure privatization, securitization and corporate governance evaluations. He has been closely involved with CariCRIS, the world’s first regional credit rating agency based in the Caribbean, having served as its founding CEO and Chief Rating Officer of CariCRIS from 2004-2007.
Dr. Arqum Mateen
Prof. Arqum Mateen is a Fellow of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, where he was the recipient of Satish K. Sehgal Doctoral Student Award for Scholarship and Organizational Citizenship. He has worked in energy, information technology, and pharmaceutical industries. His research interests include the role of technology in operations, strategic role of operations and marketing in establishing sustainable competitive advantage, as well as supply chain coordination. His research has been presented in several international conferences in many countries, and has been published in many reputed international journals like Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Production Research, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Marketing Intelligence and Planning etc.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation criteria of the Professional Certificate Program in General Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by IIM Kozhikode.
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting job
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
The delivery would comprise a mix of live virtual lectures, discussions, case studies and experience sharing. The pedagogy and course design are oriented to catalyze learning through association, discussion and reflection. Participants may be encouraged for application of their learning to live situations at work, and share the experiences. Peer learning is a key pillar of the process. Take-home projects may be assigned in certain modules.
All enrolled students will be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. The course may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects. The main objective of such assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the course to actual organizational decision scenarios. The participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components. Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution and any other component as decided by the faculty. Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
About IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode was the fifth Indian Institute of Management, founded by Government of India in collaboration with Government of Kerala at Calicut in the year 1996. IIMK also holds the credit for having pioneered the Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) Program for working executives in India. Having started with 300 class contact hours in 2001-02, the year-long Executive Management Education is today the richest available in the country having 450 class contact hours. The Institute today is a leader in Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) and is the major QIP (Quality Improvement Programme) Centre of the All Indian Council of Technical Education, in the field of management education.
IIMK is also one of the few Centres for Development of Digital Libraries in the world and is a country leader. The Institute also has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington and so on.
An active member of the Strategic Management Forum, IIMK lays stress on organizing Seminar/Conferences and conducts management programs for teachers. Leading Management Institutions like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore and Lucknow along with MDI, Gurgaon, XLRI, Jamshedpur and IIFT, New Delhi join hands to conduct week long faculty development programme on various subjects in the field of Strategic and general management.
IIM Kozhikode is ranked 5th amongst management institutes in India – According to the report by Business Today on India’s Best B Schools 2013.
- Basic Statistics
- Data Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Business Environment
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Accounting Fundamentals & Financial Statement Analysis
- Basics of Financial Management
- Introduction to Organizational Behavior
- Role of Individuals, Teams and Organizations
- Managing People
- Process Analysis
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Inventory and Risk Management
- Strategic Management Fundamentals
- International business strategy
- Industry 4.0 & Digitization – Impact of Digitization, Developments and Strategizing, Recent Developments and Future
- Entrepreneurship – Lessons in Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
- Leadership – Introduction, Changing Roles and Expectations, Various Forms
- Business Law – Laws of and in Business, Their Impact and Importance
- Communication – Its Role in Business, Basics, Styles and Impact
- Responsible Business – Triple Bottom Line, Corporate Governance, Recent Advances
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 160,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 21/02/2019
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 21/02/2019
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 21/02/2019
Rs. 35,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 04/05/2019
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/09/2019
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/12/2019
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “IIM Kozhikode” payable at Kozhikode and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The Course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the Course and rejoining can be accommodated as per Course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & the Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Do you deal with annual reports, financial ratios and marketing research based data in your work routine? Or do you aspire to master the art of analytics to manage the overflow of data around you? If these sound business to you, then Post Graduate...
Identifying and developing leadership that is aligned for business excellence is a challenge faced by most organizations today. With continuous change in the profile and priorities of the human capital over the years, the nature and style of...
Risk is the main cause of uncertainty in any organisation and can come from both internal and external sources. Thus, companies increasingly focus more on identifying risks and managing them before they even affect the business. The ability to...