Applied Financial Risk Management
Risk quantification has emerged as a very important component to a firm’s financial well-being. This course provides training on the usage of tools used in quantification of financial risk (including market risk, credit risk and operational risk) and problems related to financial risk management. The course is full of hands-on learning and implementation of tools and techniques using recent market data. The course will provide the practitioner’s perspective in measuring various kinds of financial risks. It attempts to strike a balance between institutional details, theoretical foundations, and practical applications. The course will extensively make use of MS Excel and R.
Certificate from IIM Kashipur
Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kashipur.
Live & Interactive classes – NOT Recorded sessions
Interactive online classes. Ask queries and discuss during lecture delivery.
Learn from the experts
Course taught by IIM Kashipur faculty & industry experts.
Hands on exposure to Excel & R
Learn hands-on implementation of tools and techniques using recent market data.
Practical & Application oriented classes
Develop hands on skills that can be applied to practical scenarios.
Syllabus overlaps with application sections of FRM (GARP) Certification Requirements
FRM (GARP) is a global certification for Financial Risk Management Professionals.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates or Diploma Holders (10+2+3) from a recognized University (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics up to 10+2 level.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic statistics/Mathematics is a must.
- Working knowledge of any statistical package is desirable.
Dr. Dilip Kumar
Dr. Dilip Kumar holds PhD in Quantitative Finance and has been involved in research related to quantitative data analytics and machine learning in finance. Some of his research works significantly contribute to the body of knowledge in quantitative finance. He has been involved in various MDPs related to financial risk analysis and data analytics. Before joining IIM Kashipur, he was a faculty member in the financial engineering department of IFMR Chennai.
On the payment of full course fee and satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation criteria, participants will be awarded an appropriate certificate in Applied Financial Risk Management by IIM Kashipur.
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Deputy Manager - Corporate Marketing (Graphics)
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives
Marketing and Communication
Senior Manager - Business Development
Manikaran Power Ltd
Conference Producer and Editor
International Finance Magazine
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be delivered online via internet to participant desktops/laptops or classrooms. The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty from IIM Kashipur and expert(s) from industry as applicable. The pedagogy will comprise interactive sessions and class exercises in order to help participants gain the knowledge and understanding to apply their learning to practical scenarios. All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the Professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These may be in the form of a quiz, assignment, exercises or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kashipur. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Participation.
About IIM Kashipur
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is a newer entrant in the elite league of IIMs. The institute aims to nurture and train managers and leaders with a social conscience and the ability to deliver performance and attain excellence across cultures, functions and geographies. The curriculum at IIM Kashipur reflects this diversified educational approach, as does the intellectual capital of its faculty, which is dedicated to achieve the objectives.
IIM Kashipur was established in July 2011, under the mentorship of IIM Lucknow. Its relative newness gives it the flexibility to quickly respond to the rapidly changing global socio-economic conditions and to efficiently adapt the best practices of leading business schools. The rigorous curriculum seeks to instill a passion for knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to real life scenarios
The institute is located in one of the most densely industrialized regions in the country, with over 180 industries having plants in and around the region and many more coming up. This places the institute, a member of AACSB, in an advantageous position when it comes to ‘Learning by Doing’ via frequent industry interactions and live projects.
- Historical Simulation, Monte Carlo Simulation, RiskMetrics, GARCH, EGARCH, GJR-GARCH and other GARCH family models, Extreme Value Theory
- VaR Evaluation: Backtesting
- Standard Covariance/Correlation approach, RiskMetrics, Monte Carlo Simulation, Multivariate GARCH, VaR of factors
- Duration based partial revaluation approach (Historical Simulation), Cash Flow Mapping
- Introduction to credit risk, Default Risk, Managing credit risk, CreditMetrics, Default probabilities, Agency ratings, Credit scoring and Internal rating models, Structural models for credit risk (Merton, KMV), Reduced form models, Logistic model for loan default evaluation
- Introduction to operational risk with evidence of operational failures, Estimating VaR for operational risk (Aggregate Loss Distribution/LDA) using Monte Carlo Simulation, Operational risk management framework, Operational risk process models
- Basics of Liquidity Risk – Liquidity Adjusted VaR under normal and stressed market
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 60,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 13/12/2018
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 13/12/2018
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 25,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 13/12/2018
Rs. 10,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 14/12/2018
Rs. 25,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 25/02/2019
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee though Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to:
Student Relationship Manager,
21, Institutional Area,
Sector 32, Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Data generated by humans and machines has witnessed an exponential growth in the last few years. Businesses are no exception to this phenomenon and are beginning to tap the hidden knowledge using Analytics and Big Data. This course will help the...