Businesses today are trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, only a few have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone implement it usefully and profitably. This program introduces its participants to the world of data science. The objective is to strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc., and teach the techniques using practical cases that can be understood and appreciated by someone with an elementary knowledge of mathematics. This program uses hands-on approach to data science where participants get to work with data sets to generate insights for businesses.
Get certified from XLRI
Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from XLRI on successful completion of the course
Excel and R hands on
Hands on exposure to popular Business Analytics tools like Excel and R.
Gain practical and working knowledge of tools
This program is completely oriented towards imparting practical and working knowledge of tools.
Program designed entirely by XLRI
Content designed and delivered by XLRI faculty
- Professionals interested in learning data analytics
- Managers and senior leaders who manage and large data for businesses
- Executives with aptitude for data analytics
- For Indian Residents: Rs 70,000+ taxes
- For International Students: USD 1,600
- Date of Course Commencement: 6 Aug 2017
- Duration of the Course: 5 Months
- Schedule of Classes: 3 Hours every Sunday from 10.30 a.m. to 01.30 p.m. IST, Once a month Friday 7:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Mathematics as a subject up to Class XII
- Working familiarity with MS Excel including ability to execute basic functions (eg. min, max, count, average), formatting data, create graphs, insert charts etc.
- Familiarity with R is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts will be beneficial.
- This program is entirely hands-on and so it is recommended, though not a necessity that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture, and the other for hands-on practice on Excel and R.
Talentedge is an Ed-Tech firm. We are the first to bring ‘Live & Interactive’ anywhere learning in digital format. Talentedge offers exclusive courses jointly with world leading institutes and corporates. Our ability to recreate classroom type interactions in the virtual world has struck a chord with over 3, 00,000 individuals and corporate learners, facilitating a social collaborative learning experience in digital space. We enable working professionals to plan their future course of action and fast track their careers. Talentedge is changing the way India learns. Talentedge is one of the first Ed-Tech organizations to be credited with an ISO: 9001-2008 certification.
Dr. Soumyakanti Chakraborty
Dr. Soumyakanti Chakraborty joined XLRI Information Systems Area in 2009. His primary teaching interests include Business Modeling, Strategies of Information and Network Industries.