Enhance business performance with data driven insights
Businesses today are trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, only a few have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone implement it usefully and profitably. This program introduces its participants to the world of data science. The objective is to strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc., and teach the techniques using practical cases that can be understood and appreciated by someone with an elementary knowledge of mathematics. This program uses hands-on approach to data science where participants get to work with data sets to generate insights for businesses.
Get certified from XLRI
Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from XLRI
Learn Excel and R hands on
Hands on exposure to popular Business Analytics tools like Excel and R.
Gain practical and working knowledge of tools
This program is completely oriented towards imparting practical and working knowledge of tools.
Program designed entirely by XLRI
Content and structure of this program has been entirely designed by XLRI
Learn from the top faculty of XLRI
Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from XLRI and Industry experts.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Mathematics as a subject up to Class XII
- Working familiarity with MS Excel including ability to execute basic functions (eg. min, max, count, average), formatting data, create graphs, insert charts etc.
- Familiarity with R is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts will be beneficial.
- This program is entirely hands-on and so it is recommended, though not a necessity that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture, and the other for hands-on practice on Excel and R.
Dr. Soumyakanti Chakraborty
Dr. Soumyakanti Chakraborty joined XLRI Information Systems Area in 2009. His primary teaching interests include Business Modeling, Strategies of Information and Network Industries.
On the payment of all due fees and successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion of the Executive Program in Data Science Using Excel and R, issued by XLRI.
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
I think this is a great interface to share your knowledge and expertise. Such interfaces make you realize that distance is not a parameter when you want to reach people. I have taken in many things that I find useful today in my regular work.
Feb 2015 Batch
Portfolio Marketing Manager-WW Business Partner Enablement
IBM India Pvt Ltd
Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy India
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives
Senior Manager - Business Development
Manikaran Power Ltd
Assistant Manager - Advertising & Brand Devt. - East
Bajaj Electricals Ltd
How it works
The classes for this program will be held through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms using Talentedge’s Direct To Device platform. The pedagogy will comprise of lectures, case studies, interactive sessions, project work and class exercises imparted by XLRI’s faculty in order to help participants gain the knowledge, understanding, and hands-on skills to immediately apply their learning in the workplace. Additionally, participants will be assigned project work and an end course assessment that will be evaluated by the Faculty in addition to providing feedback.
All participants will also be granted 24X7 access to Talentedge’s Cloud Campus comprising of learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, case studies and assignments etc. as per the requirement of the program. Students can chat real time with the professors during the live class and also post all other program related queries offline on the Cloud Campus.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. There may be are periodic evaluations built in through the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project or other objective/subjective assessments as relevant and applicable to the program. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria, an end course assessment and project work will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
- Working with Pivot Tables
- Working with Functions – VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, OFFSET, INDIRECT, etc.
- Array formulas
- Basic Classes of R Objects
- Working with Vectors, Matrices, Dataframes
- Advanced functions in R
- Looping in R
- Writing functions in R
- An introduction to data analytics in R
- Implementing Apriori algorithm in Excel and R
- Calculating Lift
- K-means Clustering Using solver
- Generating Insights from the Clusters
- Implementing Spherical K-means Clustering Using Excel and R
- Simple Linear Programming
- Minimax Formulation
- Modelling Risk within a Linear Program
- Implementation of Optimization Models in Excel and R
- Naïve Bayesian Classifier
- Learning Bayes Rule to Create an AI Model
- Training Linear Regression Models
- Statistical Significance of Models
- Evaluating Model Performance
- Logistic Regression
- Comparing Models with ROC curves
- Implementing Models using Excel and R
- Simple Exponential Smoothing
- Holt’s Trend Corrected Exponential Smoothing
- Holt-Winter’s Method
- Prediction Intervals Using Monte Carlo Simulation
- Graphing Predictions Using Fan Cart
- Implementing Models using Excel and R
Fee & EMI
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 70,000+ Taxes
Payment Deadline: 22/06/2017
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 22/06/2017
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 30,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 22/06/2017
Rs. 15,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 02/08/2017
Rs. 25,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 10/10/2017
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Risk quantification has emerged as a very important component to a firm’s financial well-being. This course provides training on the usage of tools used in quantification of financial risk (including market risk, credit risk and operational risk)...
Today every business is trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, very few businesses have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone a useful or profitable implementation of the...