Leverage analytics to get ahead of competitors
Marketing Analytics course is aimed at building causal models to already available data. Many marketing managers want a model-building approach to analyzing and understanding reams of data, utilizing easy to use software such as Excel. Today these individuals often work in departments that model data for loyalty marketing, retention or web marketing, etc. This course is designed in response to the need for analytic talent in the marketplace. The overarching purpose of this course is to convey the benefits of a systematic, analytical approach to marketing decision-making, and to build skills, knowledge and confidence in undertaking such analyses.
By the end of this course, participants will learn to extract information in the ways marketers are increasingly required to, for example, to: segment customers and markets, determine the best pricing for a product in different situations, develop products that add value to consumers and firms… and more. But, most of all, participants will become adept in systematizing decision-making based on powerful, proven analytical techniques.
Certificate from IIM Kashipur
Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kashipur.
Learn from Industry Professionals
Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from IIM Kashipur and industry professionals.
"Tell-Show-Do” pedagogical approach
Apply concepts on popular tools like MS Excel and R through the “Tell-Show-Do” pedagogical approach.
Work on a group project to gain experience on real life scenarios.
Develop hands-on skills
Case studies and class exercises to develop hands on skills that can be applied to practical scenarios.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
Prof. Rajat Sharma
His expertise is in the application of analytics in business, with specific emphasis to marketing, sustainability, retailing and e-commerce.
On the payment of program fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance and certification criteria, participants will be awarded an Executive Certificate in Marketing Analytics and Customer Valuation by IIM Kashipur.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting job
Deputy Manager - Corporate Marketing (Graphics)
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives
Marketing and Communication
Assistant Manager - Advertising & Brand Devt. - East
Bajaj Electricals Ltd
How it works
The basic pedagogical approach is to employ a mix of learning methods, including LIVE lectures that will be delivered online, class discussions, working with Excel; and assigned readings. Classes will be devoted to probing, extending and applying the material in the readings and the cases. One could call this “Tell-Show-Do”, a sequence providing hands-on experience in using the course materials for making marketing decisions. Lectures will cover the concepts and models about the topics assigned for that lecture followed by examples in the Excel software that allow hands-on opportunities to apply the concepts and models to resolve real-life marketing problems. Home assignments will reinforce the class learnings. Though this course will use ‘Excel’ software for understanding marketing analytics, it also covers sessions on Google analytics and Text Mining. Further, students will be exposed to “R Programming”, an open platform for powerful data analytics.
The topics covered in this program will NOT be approached theoretically, that is, via equations, proofs and other things most people hate. Instead, the focus will be on learning how they work, when to use them, and what they tell marketers.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, project, case studies and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the Professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts. Participants successfully completing and submitting the assigned project work and presentations will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These may be in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a Certificate of completion from IIM Kashipur.
About IIM Kashipur
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is a newer entrant in the elite league of IIMs. The institute aims to nurture and train managers and leaders with a social conscience and the ability to deliver performance and attain excellence across cultures, functions and geographies. The curriculum at IIM Kashipur reflects this diversified educational approach, as does the intellectual capital of its faculty, which is dedicated to achieve the objectives.
IIM Kashipur was established in July 2011, under the mentorship of IIM Lucknow. Its relative newness gives it the flexibility to quickly respond to the rapidly changing global socio-economic conditions and to efficiently adapt the best practices of leading business schools. The rigorous curriculum seeks to instill a passion for knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to real life scenarios
The institute is located in one of the most densely industrialized regions in the country, with over 180 industries having plants in and around the region and many more coming up. This places the institute, a member of AACSB, in an advantageous position when it comes to ‘Learning by Doing’ via frequent industry interactions and live projects.
- Slicing and Dicing Marketing Data with Pivot Tables
- Excel Charts to Summarize Marketing Data
- Excel Functions to Summarize Marketing Data
- Estimating Demand Curves and Optimize Price
- Price Bundling
- Non Linear Pricing and Price Skimming
- Simple Regression, Correlation and Multiple Regression to forecast sales
- Modelling Trend and Seasonality
- Ratio to Moving Average Method
- Winter’s Method
- Conjoint Analysis
- Market Basket Analysis and Lift
- RFM Analysis and optimizing direct mail campaigns
- Allocating Retail Space and Sales Resources
- Evaluation and Selection
- Promotion Analytics
- Measuring the effectiveness of Advertising
- Media Selection Models
- Customer Lifetime Value Calculation
- Using Customer Value to Value a Business
- Customer Value and Marketing Decision Making
- Allocating Marketing Resources between Customer
- Acquisition and Retention
- Measurement and Interpretation
- Understanding Google Analytics, Identifying KPI’s
- Evaluating and Improving Performance
- Listening/hearing a customer online
- Text Mining and Analytics
- Understanding Basic Data Management
- Basic Methods including Graphs and Statistics
- Intermediate methods including Regression and ANOVA
Fee & EMI
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 60,000+ Taxes
Payment Deadline: 14/02/2017
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 14/02/2017
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 25,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 14/02/2017
Rs. 10,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 23/02/2017
Rs. 25,000 + Taxes
Payment Deadline: 30/04/2017
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
The curriculum of this program covers the topics necessary to learn the details of the investment research process and to help participants make informed decisions by using fundamental and annual report analysis as well as quantitative tools of...